Fan Chen is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Nguyen & Chen, LLP, where he leads the Firm’s Employment & Immigration Division and Corporate Division. With extensive legal experience, Fan has represented many companies and individuals in a wide range of immigration, employment, and corporate legal matters.
Fan is frequently invited to speak on various employment and immigration subjects, such as HR training, I-9 Audit, and Wage & Hour. He was invited to speak at Painter & Decorating Contractors of America (PDCA) Texas Chapter Annual Forums and Houston Bar Association CLE seminars. The corporate clients represented by Fan comprise a broad range of industries, including oil and gas, construction, steel manufacturing, food processing, sanitation, grocery chains, hospitality, medicine, and engineering. His corporate clientele includes the world’s largest special steel manufacturer, one of the largest swimming pool construction service companies in the U.S., and the largest sucker rod manufacturer in China.
J.D., The University of Houston Law Center.
B.A., Foreign Affairs College (Beijing, China).
Education & Court Admissions
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Highlights of Fan’s extensive legal experience include:
- He has advised employers on hiring and firing decisions, wage and hour issues, employment policies and handbooks, restrictive covenants, general corporate matters, and mergers and acquisitions.
- He has conducted comprehensive I-9 audits (reviewed and corrected more than 15,000 I-9 forms), responded to dozens of Notices of Inspections, and negotiated with ICE field offices in Texas, Washington, Iowa, etc.
- He has assisted hundreds of individuals in obtaining working visas (including H-1B, H-2A, O-1, TN) and employment-based permanent residency (including EB-1A “Alien of Extraordinary”, EB-1B “Outstanding Professor/Researcher”, EB-1C “Multi-National Executive/Manager”, EB-2 “National Interest Waiver”, and EB-2 PERM Labor Certification).
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Legal Advisor of U.S. China Educational, Economic & Cultural Foundation (UCEECF)