When you suffer a burn injury as a result of the negligence of others, you not only experience great pain, but you may have years of surgery, skin grafting, therapy, or even an amputation ahead of you. Even as the pain subsides, you are left with long-term physical and financial reminders of your injuries. Consult with an expert burn injury attorney at Nguyen & Chen to help you obtain the compensation you need to pay for the medical bills you will incur.
A Burn Injury Attorney Will Fight For Justice After Burns
Burns involving negligence can occur from many sources:
- Fires in the home that may result from arson, smoking in bed, poor wiring, etc.
- Automobile accidents that may cause fire to engulf the car
- Scalding water in hotels, rental units, and public accommodations
- Burns from explosions in vehicles and buildings
- Electrical burns from faulty equipment
- Thermal burns from direct exposure to heat or very hot objects
- Chemical burns of caustic materials in homes and industrial settings
Burns are categorized by their severity. Even a second-degree burn can cover the body so extensively that the victim’s life is in danger.
Regardless of how they are classified, any burn injuries can be particularly devastating because they can traumatize you emotionally and leave you in need of extensive cosmetic surgery. If the burns are on your face, you may be emotionally scarred and feel less confident when you are in the presence of others. Even after the immediate pain from the incident subsides, you may be left with long-term nerve damage and even blindness. You may experience ongoing anxiety and anger as you relive the circumstances that led up to the burn.
The extensive medical costs you may incur include:
- Hospitalization for burn treatment
- Nursing care
- Plastic surgery
- Physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Loss of wages
- Lost ability to work
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
Let Nguyen & Chen Fight Your Battle
After a burn injury, you are in no condition to fight for your rights. Even if you have burns that are considered “only” second-degree, Nguyen & Chen will strongly establish that your injuries resulted from negligence and then fight for you to get the high quality medical care you deserve. After a burn injury, contact Nguyen & Chen right away.