The laws and regulations that impact employment and labor practices are dynamic, and noncompliance carries the risk of costly litigation and administrative penalties. Whether seeking to update employment policies and procedures, or faced with a government audit or employee lawsuit, employers often need legal assistance to ensure compliance within their organizations. The firm’s attorneys use their experience and knowledge to help clients of all sizes and in all industries achieve employment and labor law compliance objectives in the following ways:
- Reviewing, drafting and updating employment and HR policies and procedures (from I-9 Forms to Model ADR agreements and beyond);
- Conducting state-of-the art litigation avoidance audits of employment and human resource practices on issues such as wage and hour, EEO, safety and health, union avoidance, recordkeeping requirements, benefits and training;
- Helping employers properly prepare for and respond to government audits and investigations and providing representation throughout the process;
- Providing seminars and training workshops for supervisors and human resource personnel in areas such as employment law compliance and handling terminations to minimize the risks of employment-related litigation;
- Conducting employment and/or immigration due diligence in corporate mergers and acquisitions or downsizing;
- Counseling regarding workplace violence prevention; and Developing a disaster preparedness and recovery plan, including a crisis response team and procedure.
Avoiding litigation is a top priority for most employers, and our attorneys are experienced in providing advice and counseling that minimizes the risk of litigation. While the Firm frequently advises clients on preventive and cost-effective alternatives, civil litigation is an unavoidable reality in the business world and litigation defense is a significant part of our firm’s practice. When facing employment litigation, employers need fast, effective, and focused legal assistance. Nguyen & Chen represents clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts in lawsuits pertaining to every employment matter, including but not limited to:
- wrongful discharge and termination claims;
- benefits litigation involving wage and hour issues severance pay unpaid commissions vacation pay OSHA ERISA contract and labor disputes;
- unfair competition and trade secrets;
- employment discrimination;
- and sexual harassment.
Our firm can help clients nationwide in many types of civil litigation and represent employers of all sizes in almost every industry. The Firm has the knowledge and resources to act quickly when a lawsuit arises, and help limit clients’ exposure and costs. Firm attorneys’ litigation experience affords them up-to-date knowledge on how courts are ruling, allowing them to pursue cutting edge strategies for clients. Our firm takes a broad view of each case, considers how it affects the client’s overall employment picture, and works to achieve outcomes that meet the client’s business goals.